Your Name, one of the most heartbreaking anime, makes us wonder about emotional bonds and love. It has many sad moments despite having an emotional open ending.
So, which anime are some of the best alternatives to Your Name? We’ve got the perfect list for you if you want to watch some delightful anime like Your Name.
Best Anime like Your Name!
8. One Week Friends
This anime follows the life of Yuuki Hase, a sixteen-year-old boy, and his crush, Kaori Fujimiya. He discovers that her memory is reset every week due to an accident, so he attempts to make friends with her every week. Will Kaori continue to push everyone away indefinitely, or will something change?
- To some extent, both anime are based on the concept of memory.
- We understand having crushes and loving someone in both anime.
- Both anime and manga capture the main characters’ kindness and sense of humour.
7. The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
This hilarious Sci-Fi Romance anime is about a girl who discovers she has the ability to travel through time. Her influence may be having a greater impact on people than she realises. Will she ever comprehend the magnitude of her influence?
- Both are romance-based anime with various genres mixed in.
- Both provide unexpected plot twists and turns.
- The main characters take their time figuring out their power and its implications.
- Both have the ability to travel through time, and Your Name also has the ability to travel through space.
6. Garden of Words
This anime follows the life of a teenage boy who skips class one day and instead goes to the sitting garden, where he meets a mysterious 27-year-old woman. This lovely anime follows the lives of two people who are feeling isolated.
- This anime, like “Your Name,” focuses on people who feel isolated by their surroundings.
- Both anime have visual effects that are superior to most anime.
- The character’s development demonstrates the impact of love, hope, and change.
- Both anime’s endings are open to interpretation.
Satoru Fujinuma, 29, can travel back in time to prevent fatal accidents, a feat known as revival. After the murder of a loved one, he travels back in time 18 years. Will he be able to save the one he previously couldn’t?
- This anime, like “Your Name,” focuses on the time-traveling ability.
- Both anime are concerned with averting a major disaster or death.
- Both anime depict the concepts of corruption, love, and hope.
This anime follows Naho Takamiya, a 16-year-old girl. She receives letters from her future self warning her not to make the same mistakes she was about to make.
As a result, it has a slight supernatural element. She discovers that she is supposed to prevent Kakeru Naruse, the new transfer student, from committing suicide. Will she be successful in saving him?
- This is a sad anime with many sad moments.
- Friendship, love, and other bonds are portrayed as powerful by the characters.
- The protagonists’ gradual realisations of love make the anime series as compelling as the film “Your Name.”
- Both anime show various types of time and space converging abilities.
3. Weathering With You
This is the story of Amano Hina, an orphan who befriends Hodaka Morishima, a runaway from a rural home in Tokyo. He discovers Hina’s ability to manipulate the weather. Her abilities drive the plot of this film.
- This is a heartbreaking film that will make you cry your eyes out.
- The difficulties of the characters’ power and their impact on those around them are highlighted.
- The main characters in both anime are torn apart by the unnatural power.
- In this anime, we also see a crossover reference to the main character from “Your Name.”
2. 5 Centimeters Per Second
Toono Takaki and Shinohara Akari’s love and friendship are put to the test by distance. They communicate via letters after Akari relocates to another city. Takaki, on the other hand, is getting further away from her, so he decides to meet her one last time. Will their emotions be transmitted to the other? Will they remain in contact?
- Both anime are about people who love each other but are separated by distance and time.
- Makoto Shinkai created this anime, as well as Weathering With You, Garden of Words, and Your Name.
- “Your Name” and “5 Centimeters Per Second” are both about first love and lost connections.
- With similar visual effects, this film is equally heartbreaking.
1. A Silent Voice
“A Silent Voice,” one of the most emotional anime of all time, addresses the reality of bullying and its consequences. A deaf girl is mercilessly bullied by Shoya Ishida, a boy who wishes to make amends after many years. Their unlikely friendship reveals a great deal of emotional clarity and realisations in the characters.
- There are many sad and heartbreaking scenes in both anime.
- Both anime have a lovely open ending that makes the viewer think about life.
- Both anime have very similar thematic content.
- In both films, the ending is left open to interpretation, but it is assumed to be positive.
“Your Name” is one of Makoto Shinkai’s most well-known works. This anime is not only visually appealing, but it is also emotionally compelling. The time-traveling elements of this anime add to the film’s mystery.
So, what are your thoughts on this list of anime like Your Name? Do you have any other anime ideas? Do you want to watch more emotionally charged anime? Please share your thoughts in the comments section below.
You might also like: